Danica is a market leader in Housewares, Giftware and Home Furnishing design. With six distinct brands under the Danica umbrella, we offer an engaging and dynamic family of product with global reach. Our passion and commitment to our team and customers drives our business and we are looking for people who are excited about thinking and delivering differently. Our team includes people like you - innovative, curious, enthusiastic, authentic, kind and inclusive. If you're looking to work for a company with a culture as vibrant as the products it produces, Danica is the place for you. Our company values include social responsibility, environmental accountability, continuous improvement, teamwork, and inclusiveness.
Ecommerce Content Specialist
The E-commerce Content Specialist plays a vital role on the ecommerce team and reports directly to the Content Supervisor. This position is responsible for a range of activities related to ecommerce Marketplace and Amazon sales channels and all the content creation and optimization for these channels. Working with Sales and Operations teams and your own Content team you will be responsible for both the Amazon Vendor Central and Seller Central portal as well as all our Marketplace partners that we list our products on. This role is a hands-on position focused on handling day-to-day tasks and requires strong follow-through, high attention to detail, excellent time and project management skills and strong inter-personal skills to effectively collaborate with various departments and external contractors.
This position is suitable and supports a hybrid work schedule with the opportunity to alternate weekly time in our Vancouver office with remote work.
This position is located in Vancouver, BC.
Product Data Management
· Working with our PIM system you will be required to manage and optimize data from inception to final presentation to our customer and consumers. From product attributes to copywriting and digital assets your data management skills will be key to be able to deliver an exceptional online experience.
· Ensure all content follows set brand standards for all our brands and is applied consistently to all items.
Marketplaces and Amazon Portals
· Own the Amazon Vendor and Seller central product catalogue and ensure new items and seasonal launches are executed with complete and accurate product information, images, and variants. Regular maintenance of all items to ensure they are presented to the customer and optimized for sales.
· You will take ownership of our marketplace platform (Channel Advisor) and ensure new items are set up, product detail pages are optimized, and content is complete and accurate on multiple Marketplace Channels. Regular maintenance and review of all items in the catalogue to ensure all items are presented to the customer with the best possible content and information.
· Implement effective Amazon and marketplace content optimization strategies to enhance the customer experience (writing copy, creating images) and increase conversion (creating variations, A+ pages, etc) and/or collaborate with external ecommerce service providers/experts for content management
· Keep up to date with marketplace requirements such as changing algorithms and content requirements
· Conduct SEO research and best practices for a variety of channels.
· Use channel insights and analytics to enrich and improve our content as you strive to improve our KPI performance.
· Find opportunities to optimize the content to improve our product information and presentation on all sites where our products are presented to the consumer.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 2+ years of professional experience in an ecommerce role
- Has 2+ years’ experience managing marketplace accounts, specifically both Amazon Vendor Central and Seller Central, and any of the following are an asset: Channel Advisor, Walmart, Best Buy, Kroger,
- Has proven experience of increasing conversion rates through content optimization, while keeping within strict Brand standards.
- A solid understanding and proficient using PIM/PXM software and excellent data management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Understands ERP systems, CMS systems and how they integrate with each other.
- Has a strong eye for detail and excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Can work within strict deadlines and always looking for ways to improved workflows
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills, paired with a robust style of collaboration
- Loves design, colour, beautiful products and is ready to share our brand stories with the world
How to apply
Get ready. Get set. Tell us about yourself. We want to
hear what makes you the hands-down, no-doubt-about-it, ideal candidate for
addition to the Danica team. Use your cover letter as a vehicle to tell us
about the special attributes you possess that will add some extra flare to the
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] (no calls please). Please ensure that “Ecommerce Content Specialist” is in the subject field of the email. Danica is an equal opportunity employer.