Join our team
Danica is a market leader in Housewares, Giftware and Home Furnishing design. With six distinct brands under the Danica umbrella, we offer an engaging and dynamic family of product with global reach. Our passion and commitment to our team and customers drives our business and we are looking for people who are excited about thinking and delivering differently. Our team includes people like you - innovative, curious, enthusiastic, authentic, kind and inclusive. If you're looking to work for a company with a culture as vibrant as the products it produces, Danica is the place for you. Our company values include social responsibility, environmental accountability, continuous improvement, teamwork, and inclusiveness.
Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Manager plays a vital role on maintaining the company culture and reports directly to the Vice President of Operations and Human Resource. This position is responsible for a range of activities related to Human Resources and will be the catalyst to maintaining our cooperate culture that has been developed over the past 40+ years. This role is a hands-on position focused on handling day-to-day tasks and requires strong follow-through, high attention to detail, excellent time and project management skills and strong inter-personal skills to effectively collaborate with various departments and external contractors.
This position is located in Vancouver, BC.
• Company wide Performance Management process
• Oversee recruiting, interviewing, hiring of new employees, and exit interviews
• Onboarding of new employees
• Payroll processing, WCB, WSIB, and managing Human Resource budgets
• Employee engagement Survey’s
• Analyze salary data and industry information to determine competitive compensation, bonus and benefits programs.
• Maintenance of Organizational Chart and job titles
• Review and administer extended benefits plan
• Ensure safety programs are maintained and followed
• Writes and maintains human resources policies and makes any recommended changes or additions to the Executive Committee
• Assesses organizational and individual training needs and identifies appropriate internal or external training development programs.
• Maintain HR related SOP’s
• Manage office space
• Helps to organize corporate social events
The ideal candidate:
- Has 3+ years of professional experience Human Resource management
- Diploma or degree in Human Resources
- Keeps up-to-date of current trends and best practices, continually bring in fresh ideas and approaches. Helps form the Human Resources Strategic plan.
- Understands Human Resources within a family business
- Detail oriented with superior organization skills
- Strong Ethics, caring, and companionate nature
- Great problem solver
- Leadership skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Has a strong eye for detail and excellent creative problem solving skills
- Can work within strict deadlines and always looking for ways to improved workflows
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills, paired with a robust style of collaboration
- Experience with RISE payroll and time off Management software is a bonus
How to apply
Get set. Tell us about yourself. We want to hear what makes you the hands-down,
no-doubt-about-it, ideal candidate for addition to the Danica team. Use your
cover letter as a vehicle to tell us about the special attributes you possess
that will add some extra flare to the Danica dynamic.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] (no calls please). Please ensure that “Human Resource Manager” is in the subject field of the email. Danica is an equal opportunity employer.