Danica is hiring!
Danica is a market leader in Housewares, Giftware and Home Furnishing design. With five distinct brands under the Danica umbrella, we offer an engaging and dynamic family of products with a global reach. Our passion and commitment to our team and customers drive our business, and we are looking for people who are excited about thinking and delivering differently. Our team includes innovative, curious, enthusiastic, authentic, kind, and inclusive people like you. If you're looking to work for a company with culture as vibrant as the products it produces, Danica is the place for you. Our company values include social responsibility, environmental accountability, continuous improvement, teamwork, and inclusiveness.
Junior Marketing Coordinator
Are you interested in textiles, fab kitchen accessories, home décor, and gifty things? Do you have a passion for marketing, social media, creating outstanding customer experience, and executing a great strategy?
We are looking for a Junior Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing team. Your role will assist the Marketing Supervisor and Senior Marketing Manager on both B2B and D2C efforts. From email marketing to growing ecommerce sales to social media and building retail marketing resources, this role is multi-faceted and requires someone with a diverse skill set and an appetite to learn. We are looking for a dedicated go-getter, resourceful, articulate communicator—someone who is excited to dive in and apply a truly hands-on approach to everything they do.
This full-time position is located in Vancouver, BC, and will necessitate you to work in-office. Please note we require our employees to be fully vaccinated.
· Support the implementation of the Marketing Plan that connects Danica with its Wholesale Customers (B2B) and Consumers (D2C) alike.
· Help with day-to-day marketing activities and seasonal programs to seamlessly advance the department's mission.
· Email Marketing
o Create and schedule email marketing campaigns for B2B and D2C
o Update and manage B2B customer lists
o In collaboration with the team, implement D2C e-commerce strategies to grow our email list and generate online sales
· Social Media
o Work on creating engaging social media content for Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Pinterest
o Maintain a daily social media schedule using Later or a similar tool
o Daily respond to comments and messages on social platforms, ensuring both customers and consumers receive quality and timely responses
o Stay up to date on emerging social media trends and best practices to assist in improving our social media strategy
o Update corporate website as needed with graphics and copy edits
o Update D2C website(s) as needed, graphics, blog content, and product details
· Marketing and Communications
o Write engaging copy across multiple applications, such as social media captions, B2B and D2C newsletters, website(s), and more
o Coordinate mailings and media requests and submissions, both digitally and physically such as press/media kits, media samples, influencer packages, and giveaways
o Assist with tradeshow marketing opportunities including, but not limited to, press kits, press releases, product submissions, and vendor portals
o Manage Marketing assets library (including but not limited to images, copy, videos)
o Other duties are required
The ideal candidate has
· A degree or diploma in marketing or communications and 2-3 years’ experience working in a marketing role
· Understanding of both B2B and D2C environments, specifically involving lifestyle products and brands
· Experience working with MailChimp and/or Omnisend or other email marketing software
· Experience working with e-commerce platforms, such as Shopify
· Proven experience managing social media channels and scheduling tools (ie. Facebook Business Manager, Later)
· Excellent marketing copywriting and editing skills for channels such as social media, email marketing, and sales copy
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Extraordinary attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
· Proven ability to work effectively on tasks as assigned and within deadlines
· Self-motivated, an independent learner and worker who welcomes and seeks collaboration and team input
· Able to receive constructive feedback and implement it with a positive attitude. Strong team player; no task is too small
· Working knowledge of Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge)
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
· A passion for cooking/baking and home décor!
HOW TO APPLY
Get ready. Get set. Tell us about yourself. We want to hear what makes you the hands-down, no-doubt-about-it, ideal candidate to join the Danica team. Use your cover letter as a vehicle to tell us about the special attributes you possess that will add some extra flare to the Danica dynamic.
Please send your resume and cover letter to (no calls, please). Please ensure that "Junior Marketing Coordinator" is in the subject field of the email. Danica is an equal opportunity employer.