Danica is a market leader in Housewares, Giftware and Home Furnishing design. With six distinct brands under the Danica umbrella, we offer an engaging and dynamic family of product with global reach. Our passion and commitment to our team and customers drives our business and we are looking for people who are excited about thinking and delivering differently. Our team includes people like you - innovative, curious, enthusiastic, authentic, kind and inclusive. If you're looking to work for a company with a culture as vibrant as the products it produces, Danica is the place for you. Our company values include social responsibility, environmental accountability, continuous improvement, teamwork, and inclusiveness.
Freelance Junior Graphic Designer
Are you interested in textiles, home décor, stationery and gifty things? Do you have a clean, contemporary design aesthetic? What about a flair for typography and just-so details?
We are looking for a freelance Junior Graphic Designer to support our Graphics team. You will be helping bring our products to the world through work on catalogues, packaging projects, email newsletters and web banners. All assets have branded templates and you’ll need to follow the brand guidelines to ensure everything produced fits into one of our five cohesive brands. Training will be provided on our CEM platform Salsify and special InDesign plug-in Easy Catalog. You will also be mentored by and collaborate with designers in the Graphics and Marketing teams. We are looking for someone who can execute tasks effectively and accurately under tight deadlines.
This role reports to our Graphics Supervisor but will also collaborate with the Marketing team. We’re looking for assistance for about 8 hours per week initially but scaled up to 16 to 24 hours as we head into November and December. The potential for further growth is high as the company is expanding. You can work remotely or come into our office in Vancouver.
Our wonderful group of designers all bring their own flair to their roles and take pride in their ability to not just create lovely things but go about it in a considered and resourceful way. We hope you are too!
· Set up templated catalogue layouts and incorporate proofing revisions
· Use InDesign with a plug-in called Easy Catalog
· Pull data from Salsify using Excel
· Image Management
· Photoshop color corrections and artwork revisions
· Design hangtags, bands and boxes using branded templates
· Include instructions for suppliers on how to attach or put together packaging
· Create templated email newsletters
· Create and upload templated web banners
· Create social media graphics
The ideal candidate has
· A degree or diploma in a design related field
· Proficiency in Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge)
· Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Experience with MailChimp or other email marketing software
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· A well curated portfolio reflecting skills & proficiencies
· A passion to learn and grow!
How to apply
Please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected] (no calls please). Please ensure that “Junior Graphic Designer” is in the subject field of the email. Danica is an equal opportunity employer.