Are you interested in textiles, home décor, stationery and gifty things? Do you have a clean, contemporary design aesthetic? What about a flair for typography and just-so details?
We are looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our Marketing Team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating email campaigns, web assets, social media graphics and more. You will report directly to the Marketing Supervisor. Your time will be split supporting the Graphics Team as well, helping bring our products to the world through catalogues, packaging projects, tradeshow signage and graphics. The range of projects is wide, so we are looking for a multi-talented creative that is eager to learn about all aspects of design and can comfortably move between different types of projects. Our wonderful group of designers all bring their own flair to their roles and take pride in their ability to not just create lovely things, but go about it in a considered and resourceful way. We hope you are too!
This position is located in Vancouver, BC.
· Create and schedule email marketing campaigns
· Create social content for Instagram and Pinterest
· Create and upload digital assets for websites
· Assist with creation of print advertising
· Assist with creating five large-scale product catalogues twice a year. Our major catalogue is over 100 pages
· Assist with artwork production, supplier communication, sample revisions and approvals for packaging projects
· Design tradeshow signage and posters
· Create and maintain internal communications documents, templates and booklets
· Print and bind presentations, catalogue mockups and sales materials using our in-house printer and binding tools
· Work closely with the other members of the creative team to ensure interaction between output channels
· Follow the brand guidelines to ensure everything produced fits into the cohesive company visual identity
· Execute all of the above tasks effectively and accurately under tight deadlines
The ideal candidate has
· A degree or diploma in a design related field and 1-2 years of industry experience
· Proficiency in Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge)
· Experience working with InDesign stylesheets, book documents, data merge, and live caption function
· Experience working with metadata application through Adobe Bridge
· Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Experience with MailChimp or other email marketing software
· Understanding of new media channels and formats
· Knowledge of HTML, CSS and Wordpress
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Successful communication and collaboration skills, including giving and receiving feedback
· Extraordinary attention to detail and creative problem solving skills
· A well curated portfolio reflecting skills & proficiencies
· A passion to learn and grow!
How to apply
Get ready. Get set. Tell us
about yourself. We want to hear what makes you the hands-down,
no-doubt-about-it, ideal candidate for addition to the Danica team. Use your
cover letter as a vehicle to tell us about the special attributes you possess
that will add some extra flare to the Danica dynamic.
Please send your resume and portfolio to [email protected] (no calls please). Please ensure that “Junior Graphic Designer” is in the subject field of the email. Danica is an equal opportunity employer.