Join our team
Danica is a market leader in Housewares, Giftware and Home Furnishing design. With six distinct brands under the Danica umbrella, we offer an engaging and dynamic family of product with global reach. Our passion and commitment to our team and customers drives our business and we are looking for people who are excited about thinking and delivering differently. Our team includes people like you - innovative, curious, enthusiastic, authentic, kind and inclusive. If you're looking to work for a company with a culture as vibrant as the products it produces, Danica is the place for you. Our company values include social responsibility, environmental accountability, continuous improvement, teamwork, and inclusiveness.
Product Development/Sourcing Coordinator
We are looking for an experienced and passionate individual to join our fast-paced, creative and collaborative team.
You have the ability to act as the primary contact between our designers/graphics team and our overseas suppliers. Your attention to detail is impeccable and your organizational skills are a point of pride. You can handle a multitude of projects and manage deadlines. You are able to build your own systems for maintaining and sharing product-related data. You are able to communicate in clear, concise written English and make yourself understood to overseas suppliers. You have a keen interest in Fashion, Home decor, Textiles, Design, Cooking and Entertaining.
This position is located in Vancouver, BC.
· Liaise between Creative/Graphics team and Vendors; communicate new designs, artworks and/or revision requirements.
· Communicating with suppliers overseas to obtain product/samples in a timely manner and according to artworks communicated.
· Place order, track, receive and keep record of physical samples upon arrival (unpack boxes, distribute samples among creative team, record in Excel spreadsheet).
· Assisting cross-functional teams with a variety of product information.
· Collect and log dimensional data for new items (measurements, weights, inner/master carton dimensions, etc.)
· Assist with item setup and collection of data from vendors (for in-line, as well as online).
· Upload and maintain item data in ERP system.
· Create, maintain and update ongoing project discussions on Project Management Software.
· Assist in the development/sourcing of new products and new season product presentations.
· Maintain organization of sample area.
Skills and Attributes
· A working knowledge of Excel (ability to use V-lookup and other basic formulas)
· Experience communicating with internal staff, the ability to communicate at a high level with overseas factories, and understanding the different communication styles required to be successful in both
· Previous experience in or a desire to learn about the housewares industry including textiles and ceramics
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and remain versatile in a fast paced environment
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to lift and unpack cartons of samples (up to 30 lbs.)
· Some experience with Amazon FBA or E-Commerce platforms is a bonus!
How to apply
Get ready. Get set. Tell us
about yourself. We want to hear what makes you the hands-down,
no-doubt-about-it, ideal candidate for addition to the Danica team. Use your
cover letter as a vehicle to tell us about the special attributes you possess
that will add some extra flare to the Danica dynamic.
Please send your resume to [email protected] (no calls please). Please ensure that “Product Development Coordinator” is in the subject field of the email. Danica is an equal opportunity employer.