Join our team
Danica is a market leader in Housewares, Giftware and Home Furnishing design. With six distinct brands under the Danica umbrella, we offer an engaging and dynamic family of product with global reach. Our passion and commitment to our team and customers drives our business and we are looking for people who are excited about thinking and delivering differently. Our team includes people like you - innovative, curious, enthusiastic, authentic, kind and inclusive. If you are looking to work for a company with a culture as vibrant as the products it produces, Danica is the place for you. Our company values include social responsibility, environmental accountability, continuous improvement, teamwork, and inclusiveness.
Product Development/Purchasing Coordinator
We are looking for an experienced and passionate individual to join our fast-paced, creative and collaborative team.
You have the ability to act as the primary contact between our designers and our overseas suppliers. Your attention to detail is impeccable and your organizational skills are a point of pride. You can handle a multitude of projects and manage deadlines. You are able to build your own systems for maintaining and sharing product-related data. You are able to communicate in clear, concise written English and make yourself understood to overseas suppliers. You have an interest in textiles, design, cooking and entertaining.
This full-time position is located in Vancouver, BC, requiring you to work in-office with some flexibility to work remotely.
· Liaise between internal cross-functional teams and Vendors
· Communicate new designs, artworks and/or revision requirements for both product and packaging through to approval stage.
· Request and track samples, ensuring they arrive in a timely manner and to the required specifications.
· Maintain organization of sample area.
· Assist cross-functional teams with a variety of product information.
· Upload and maintain item data in ERP system.
· Create, maintain and update ongoing project threads on project management software.
· Assist in the development/sourcing of new products and new season product presentations.
Prepare and communicate purchase orders to factories for
The ideal candidate Has:
· Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
· Experience communicating with internal staff, the ability to communicate at a high level with overseas factories, and understanding the different communication styles required to be successful in both
· A working knowledge of Excel (ability to use V-lookup and other basic formulas)
· Experience working with an ERP system
· Previous experience in, or a desire to learn about, the housewares industry including textiles and ceramics
· Openness and ability to travel abroad for product sourcing and to learn about manufacturing processes
· Ability to multi-task and remain versatile in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to lift and unpack cartons of samples (up to 30 lbs.)
· Previous experience with Key Accounts an asset
That extra something special:
· Genuine interest and enthusiasm for design, decorating, cooking and entertaining
· Comfortable with a dog friendly office environment!
How to apply
Get ready. Get
set. Tell us about yourself. We want to hear what makes you the hands-down,
no-doubt-about-it, ideal candidate for addition to the Danica team. Use your
cover letter as a vehicle to tell us about the special attributes you possess
that will add some extra flare to the Danica dynamic.
Please send your resume to [email protected] (no calls please). Please ensure that “Product Development /Purchasing Coordinator” is in the subject field of the email. Danica is an equal opportunity employer.